2022 survey: global audiobook market was $2.67 billion in 2019. Between 2022 and 2027, the global audiobook market should grow by about 24%.
This rise in popularity is due to audiobooks’ convenience and benefits. While driving, running or performing chores, you can listen to audiobooks.
It’s a good option for bibliophiles with tight schedules who can’t keep up.
This comparison helps you choose between two popular audiobook sites.
There are countless information courses floating around the internet. Why? Because for every problem that exists, someone claims to have the solution.
And that solution is usually some oddball money-making system that tells you how to turn a casual interest – or maybe something you’re super passionate about – into sustainable, reliable income.
Just like Scribd vs. Audible. Here’s the hard truth, though…
Most of these programs:
- Take way more time than you’re led to believe
- May have hidden fees
- Require you to buy multiple upsells in order to get the “real” information
But most importantly, a lot of these programs just don’t scale.
“Scale” means once you do the work to make a little money, it should get easier to make more money, not harder.
The problem is, most programs out there make it hard to make money at first and even harder to keep making money.
In other words, you might be able to make some money in the beginning, but it won’t be sustainable, and you’ll end up getting discouraged.
This is the exact opposite of passive income.
When income is truly passive, you do the work upfront, but then you set it and forget it. The money gets made whether you’re working or not. It’s not directly tied to the hours you put in.
So, what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Selling to friends and family
- Selling to strangers
- Recruiting people
- Dealing with questionable products that weigh on your conscience
An income stream that brings in consistent monthly revenues (from a couple of thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day chasing, selling, or managing anything?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is nothing like best audiobook services, and that’s probably a good thing.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Scribd vs. Audible, keep reading.
Scribd Vs. Audible: Which Is The Best And Why?
See below for the evaluation criteria I used to compare the two applications I submitted:
- Topics Discussed – In what ways do these platforms differ from one another?
- Audiobook Library – A list of available audiobooks.
- Audio quality – The audiobook’s audio quality.
- Content Ownership – How do we identify who owns a particular audiobook and whether or not it can be downloaded?
- Device Compatibility– A list of audibly compatible devices and platforms that can be used with both apps.
- Subscription options – Pricing tiers and subscription alternatives
- Multiple sign-in possibilities – How many devices can I sign in to simultaneously?
- Additional privileges – Extra benefits, etc.
Features Covered Scribd
- Scribd offers audiobooks and eBooks. It supports eBooks, audio books, and podcasts.
- Scribd has periodicals and news articles.
- Original Scribd content is great.
- This software can display music sheets. This tool helps aspiring musicians and percussionists. It also includes a list of popular songbooks and musicals.
- Scribd lets you curate ebooks, audiobooks, podcasts, and business and academic publications. This program lets researchers and students search journals, articles, and more. This feature may not appeal to everyone, yet it includes many useful documents.
- Audible lets you listen to audiobooks, originals, and podcasts.
- It can’t read eBooks, sheet music or magazines.
- Audible has less content than Scribd. Scribd also offers audiobooks, ebooks, papers, and periodicals.
- Scribd satisfies both reading and audiobook needs.
- Scribd library has 40,000 audiobooks.
- Over 125,000,000 documents, commercial templates, and academic papers are available on the Scribd website.
- Audible has 200,000 audiobooks. New titles are uploaded every week.
We’re just thinking about audiobook music sheets and papers. Because Audible has more audiobooks, it’s better.
- Scribd audiobooks are 32 kbps. Audiobooks and magazines at this bit rate.
- Audible audiobooks offer customizable bitrates. Audiobooks are 32kbps and 64kbps.
Higher bit rates improve audio quality. Audiobooks are better when listened to with headphones or earphones.
Stephen Fry explains Diagonally in Audible’s 64kbps audio.
Higher bitrates may result in bigger downloaded files; a lower bitrate version is ideal for a sluggish network connection.
High-quality audiobooks shouldn’t be a problem with the existing network.
Audible scores again.
Ownership Of Downloaded Content
- Scribd’s download feature allows you to download unlimited audiobooks. Your subscription lets you download all audiobooks. When your subscription ends, you can’t access downloaded content.
- Audible, like Scribd, offers audiobook downloads. Audible is unique since downloaded audiobooks are always available.
Downloaded audiobooks require a Scribd subscription. Scribd users can only borrow audiobooks from the library. Audible downloads audiobooks.
Scribd customers who download 10 audiobooks per year will be prohibited from listening when their membership expires.
Audible members can re-listen to these audiobooks.
If you love literature, give your kids your Audible library. Scribd users may need to arrange for kids’ subscriptions.
Audible’s success continues.
You can access Scribd from a computer, tablet, smartphone, or eBook reader. List of supported devices:
- iOS 11 or later iPhone/iPad
- Lollipop-powered smartphones and tablets
- Kindles can run Fire OS or the latest version.
- Audible works on most devices. Devices supported:
- Kindle Fire and Oasis
- iOS devices
- SanDisk clip jam
- Android devices
- Victor reader stream
- Alexa devices
- Bones milestone 312
Scribd is less popular than Audible.
Family members can access Audible via smart speakers and smart TVs.
Again, Audible is better.
- 30-day trial for Scribd. After the trial period, you’ll need a membership plan to use Scribd’s services.
- The basic membership costs $9.99
- Membership offers access to thousands of books and audiobooks. You can listen to or read as many audiobooks and books as you want.
- Audible offers a free audiobook and 30-day trial. You’ll get 1 Audible Credit and access to all Audible Plus audiobooks throughout the 30-day trial. You can use your Audible credit after the 30-day trial to buy any premium audiobook.
- Two Audible Plans are available, namely:
- Audible Plus
- Audible Premium Plus
Audible Plus provides unlimited access to originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
Audible Premium Plus lets you download, access, and own a premium audiobook.
This chart details the benefits of each Audible plan, including audible exclusive audiobooks and originals.
Audible Subscriptions are plentiful. If you haven’t heard of Audible, don’t tell others about the subscription possibilities.
Visit Audible’s website to choose a subscription plan.
Scribd’s plans are simple. One monthly subscription gives you unlimited eBooks.
Scribd costs more than Audible.
Multiple Sign-In Options
- Within 24 hours, any title can be read or listened to on up to three browsers.
- Scribd app lets you save 4 articles offline. You can open any Scribd title six times. You’ll get an email concerning multiple sign-ins if you use Scribd on more than 4 devices.
- No device limit exists for Audible app sign-in.
Multiple-device sign-in eases access. Audible has no device limit. In this category, it’s the best.
- Scribd subscribers access premium services and basic features for free. Scribd members can:
- Free Peak Pro membership
- Free Curiosity stream
- Free Mubi membership
- Free FarFaria membership
- Free CONtv + comics membership
- Amazon Prime members get Audible discounts. Audible trial members get two credits instead of one. During the trial time, Prime members can download and keep two audiobooks.
- Your trial term ends without extra benefits.
Scribd has perks that Audible doesn’t. If I could enjoy Scribd’s perks, I’d join.
Scribd membership lets you watch old movies worldwide, anime, and graphic novels.
This summary oversimplifies Scribd’s benefits. This category prefers Scribd.
- Scribd publishes independent authors and publishers. Their content acquisition team, publishing service providers, and distributors can distribute your books.
- Popularity-based commissions.
- You can also upload research and academic papers for free.
- ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange) is the best approach to making an Audible audiobook.
- You can choose the audiobook’s narrator and platform.
- ACX is available in the US, UK, and Canada.
Audiobook publishing is challenging.
Scribd offers publishing choices. Scribd has articles, eBooks, and audiobooks. Not like Audible.
Scribd allows free file uploading and publishing. This isn’t on Audible.
Let’s compare Audible and Scribd’s performance.
- Scribd and Audible both offer audiobooks. Scribd has publications, eBooks, and music sheets.
- Audible’s audiobooks are longer than Scribd’s.
- All major platforms and devices can access these two apps.
- Audible’s subscription levels and rates vary by the number of audiobooks. Scribd’s plan is cheaper than Audible’s. It gives audiobook listeners and readers unlimited access to eBooks.
- Members can keep their audiobooks after canceling Audible. Downloaded Scribd material requires a paid subscription.
Is Scribd Better Than Audible?
Unlike Audible, Scribd has a greater selection of literary content. Scribd wins for audiobook database. Both applications are robust, and customers can choose which is better.
Is Scribd Worth The Money?
Scribd is valuable. Unlimited access to books and audiobooks is possible. You may need to wait for some books. The $9.99 per month subscription has other bonuses.
What Is The Best Subscription Service For Audiobooks?
Audible beats Scribd for audiobooks. Audible offers limited audiobook selections per cycle, but it’s worth paying considering title coverage, lifelong ownership rights, and other benefits.
You should choose an Audible subscription plan based on your audiobook needs and Audible credits. Audible Premium PLUS Annual or Audible Plus Annual – 24 credits is the perfect subscription if audiobooks are your only source of income.
How Many Audiobooks Can I Listen To On Scribd?
Anyone can listen to audiobooks. The app disables audiobook access after 30 days.
Is Scribd Vs. Audible A Scam?
So, is Scribd vs. Audible a scam? Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as they make it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – it doesn’t scale.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months, and then your reward is being forced to grind it out for another 9 months before seeing any “real money,” well…that’s not a great deal, is it?
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection are all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
What Is My Top Recommendation In Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business,” the research IS conclusive:
Digital Real Estate is the #1 online business model for those just starting out.
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online or been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full-time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With best audiobook service, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own your “business”.
Look at the fine print for most of the agreements folks sign when they join one of these companies. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Alright, so most unlimited audiobooks doesn’t make you buy the products and fill your garage with them anymore (unlike the good ol’ days), but you’re still in a physical products business.
And physical products always have physical limitations. Even if you don’t have to manage the inventory, you still have to deal with supply chain shortages that cause major delays.
Imagine finally landing your first customer and losing them after one sale because they had to wait 6 weeks to get their order.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple of keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 monthly in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with Scribd vs. Audible, you’d probably need to double the number of hours you spend working. Because, again, this program doesn’t scale.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: With Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Scribd vs. Audible which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms, thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.