What is Real Estate Marketing?
Real estate marketing is implementing strategic and creative real estate marketing schemes to generate leads and convert them into prospects. This post will cover several digital marketing strategies that can help real estate agents, brokers, and marketing directors build a unique, trustworthy brand for their real estate business.
Let us now dive into the following marketing techniques.
Real Estate Content and Video Marketing
Buying or selling a house or property proves to be a very stressful and challenging process. Prospective clients will turn to your agents for information, data, and professional advice. When you invest in content marketing and video, it multiplies your chances of generating leads and eventually closing massive sales. If you are an agent who is unsure how to start, below are a few ideas to get you started:
- Provide value to your readers. Your agency content needs to be relevant and always ready to offer new information or insights to your audience.
- Write for an online audience. Writing for print differs from writing for the internet. You need to break up texts into short but clear sentences.
- Use visuals. “A picture paints a thousand words” is true when trying to attract attention from your customers. Make use of high-quality photos, graphics, charts, and videos to pique your audience’s interest.
- Maximize the use of social media. Social media has become one of the powerful tools for online marketing. With over 6 billion users worldwide, it is, without a doubt, an excellent platform to expand your reach.
- Utilize search engine optimization or SEO to drive traffic to your site. SEO can be a lot of work, but for starters, you can use best SEO practices such as keyword inclusion in your content and website plugins for sitemaps and metadata to increase your discoverability and visibility in Google.
- Adapt your content to other formats. Optimize your content by reusing it in different forms such as blog posts, webinars, infographics, ebooks, podcasts, etc.
Real Estate Listing Strategy
The primary goal of your listing strategy is to stand out from a very saturated market. If you want to up the ante to get more listings, below are some strategies and techniques you can use:
- Employ a professional photographer. Low-quality images make your brand look inferior and will not attract online shoppers. Getting the services of a professional photographer is all worth the money and time.
- Maximize video content. As a start, you can create video content using your mobile device or create a slideshow of the property’s photos. Other advanced means are the use of a professional videographer and drones. Remember that video ads work well in social media, particularly on Facebook and Youtube.
- Stay active and maintain your presence online. You need to create your real estate social media page or blog and update it regularly. If you fail to do this, attracting prospects will be difficult. While online marketing can build a steady revenue stream for your business, the basics need to be in place first, such as establishing a substantial content library.
- Go offline to market the property. Utilize open houses, block parties, and even flyers to promote the property for sale to the surrounding neighborhood.
- Study the surrounding areas. As an agent, you need to consider and look carefully at the surrounding areas of the property you are selling. If possible, make a SWOT analysis to get a complete picture of what you are trying to sell to your customers. Hence, you will be better equipped to answer any queries.
- Take advantage of direct mail marketing. Mailing lists prove to be much cheaper still. You can use online templates for your postcards containing pertinent information regarding the local market and your agency’s services.
- Use digital & print. You can utilize these two to draw out optimal results from your real estate marketing. Presentations on mobile devices can show your clients that you are tech-savvy, and a printed portfolio or look book may reflect how established your business is.
Real Estate Email Marketing
For a real estate agent, a huge email marketing list is one of his power tools. Purchasing leads online does not guarantee that any of them want to hear from you. If your email marketing list is built from scratch, it will prove more useful and beneficial in the long term.
Social Media Marketing Options
Social media can advance your brand and link you to new prospects. I have listed below some tips on how to improve your presence on social media.
- Start to talk about the successes and experiences of your clients. Create conversations about the local area you are in, including current news and events in the neighborhood. You can even set up live question and answer sessions via social media tools like Facebook Live.
- One way to further customer engagement is to organize sweepstakes and contests. You can run contests and sweepstakes and intersperse property listings without appearing shady if you follow the 80/20 rule.
- Capitalize on paid social media marketing. Set up geo-targeted adverts to communicate your listings with the people in a particular location. As in the usual case for effective customer engagement, use compelling content and high-quality images.
Social Media Brand Control
With about 3 billion active users, social media gives you an unparalleled opportunity to connect with your audience. This is why maintaining brand control in social media will be beneficial to your agency. To achieve this, you would need to carefully answer these questions first before you can map out a plan:
- Who is your target audience?
- What social media platforms do they frequent?
- What language and tone are appropriate?
Your answers to these will point you in the right direction regarding your social media branding strategy. Maintaining consistency is the next important thing you need to do. Be consistent in your posts and continuously engage your audience. Make sure to be consistent with your imagery, usernames, colors, and logos on all of your social media platforms.
Your Brand Needs to Stand Out
Crafting consistent on-brand content will produce a positive and massive boost to your agency. I listed some pointers on how you can stand out in the industry:
- Provide your real estate agents the necessary tools to represent your brand consistently.
- Maximize the use of social media to expand your reach.
- Utilize direct mail to aim for markets that other real estate agents are not able to reach.
- Command your authority by blogging about your personal experiences and encounters in real estate.
- Gather client testimonials and post them online to establish your credibility.
Remember that learning by reading this post is just but the first step of the whole process. Unless you apply the techniques and master them, you will not get the most out of these real estate marketing strategies.