Real estate investing is one of the most popular ways for new investors to start generating a lot of money. Previously, this meant going out and purchasing a rental property. The revenues from one property would be passed to the next, and so on.
But things have changed.
Do you want to know whether Upside Avenue is a decent REIT investment? A real estate investment trust, or REIT, is a company that owns and manages several properties and distributes at least 90% of its taxable income to stockholders as dividends.
REITs, which function similarly to mutual funds, pull cash from several investors so that individuals do not have to own, manage, or manage financial assets.
Upside Avenue is one such REIT that lets average investors diversify their portfolios by investing in multifamily real estate.
This review will investigate Upside Avenue to see whether it is the best real estate investing platform.
Upside Avenue is a real estate investing program. Like most real estate investing training courses, you’ll likely be exposed to the “Big 3” investing types:
- Long-term buy-and-hold
Regardless of which path you go down, there is a lot of potential with real estate investing.
After all, it’s the world’s oldest wealth-builder.
However, before you leave this Upside Avenue review and go sign up, you might want to ask yourself:
“Is now the right time for me to get into real estate investing?”
Because, no matter which way you slice it, real estate investing is extremely capital intensive, labor intensive, or both.
So if you’ve only got an hour or two a day, or your savings account is a few zeroes lighter than you’re comfortable with, this might not be the best time for you to jump into real estate investing.
But that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. It just means you need a system to free up more time and give yourself a stronger financial cushion.
A good way to get yourself there is with Digital Real Estate.
Digital Real Estate takes all the best parts of real estate investing, while eliminating most of the headaches:
- Low cashflow
- Interest payments
- High overhead
- Expensive repairs and maintenance
- Problematic tenants
And the best part?
Digital Real Estate allows you to build a passive income stream that’s actually passive!
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000).
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day analyzing deals, cold-calling homeowners, or dealing with contractors.
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is the perfect first step to build recurring income that you can then use to start investing in real estate down the line.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Upside Avenue, keep reading.
What Is Upside Avenue?
Upside Avenue is an online platform that gives investors access to Multi-Housing Income REIT, Inc, a real estate investment trust that focuses on purchasing and renovating multifamily housing in Texas and neighboring states.
One of the aspects that separate Upside Avenue from other private real estate crowdfunding platforms is vertical integration.
Casoro Group (their parent company) manages the REIT, sources the properties, and oversees the development and administration of the projects.
With their vertically integrated model, they have more influence over how the properties function. This simplifies things while lowering costs.
Who Should Use Upside Avenue?
UpsideAvenue is the right place to invest for:
- Investors that are new to real estate and want to get started quickly without investing a lot of money
- Passive income investors—as properties begin to produce money, you will get passive income through quarterly dividends.
- Investors seeking a diversified portfolio in real estate that includes elder living, apartment buildings, and student housing
How Does Upside Avenue Work?
1. Investors Put Money Into Upside Avenue.
You can be REIT stakeholder after investors deposit funds into Upside Avenue’s online platform.
2. Upside Avenue Collects Deposits And Invests Them In A Larger Fund.
Before providing your REIT shares, Upside Avenue pools the deposits once a quarter.
3. This Fund Pays For All Investment-Related Expenses.
The Casoro Group utilizes this fund to purchase, renovate, and manage their property portfolio. The profits are then moved to the UpsideAvenue REIT.
4. Dividends Are Paid To Shareholders.
Upside Avenue pays out dividends to shareholders once a quarter.
As an investor, you can cash out your dividends or reinvest them in the REIT to achieve compounding returns. Investing in homes that have increased value might also result in higher profits.
Features Of Upside Avenue
Upside Avenue has the following features:
- Complete Bankruptcy Protection
- Diverse Portfolio Of “Recession-Resistant” Investments
- Audits By A Third Party
- Availability Of Educational Resources
- Several Options For Funding Your Investment
How To Begin With Upside Avenue
Signing up with Upside Avenue is as straight forward as it gets:
- Step 1: Go to the website upsideavenue.com and click on the “invest today” option.
- Step 2: Enter your general information such as your name and email address before entering your personal investor information. This details contains your social security number, date of birth, and address. You must also state whether or not you are an accredited investor.
- Step 3: Include your financial details, such as your account number and account type.
- Step 4: Once your payment has been transferred, your investment will be done.
- Step 5: You’ll then get an email inviting you to access the customer site, where you will find investment details, tax advice forms, papers, and information on the multifamily properties in which Upside Avenue is currently investing.
Cost And Fees: How Much Are Annualized Asset Management Fees?
UpsideAvenue doesn’t charge any upfront fees, but it does charge other periodical costs:
- Clients pay yearly asset management costs totaling 2%.
- When properties are sold, the REIT processes a 2% disposal fee based on the property’s worth.
- As with any real estate transaction, additional fees may be attach at the property level rather than directly to the investor.
Potential Returns For Your Investment Portfolio
Upside Avenue anticipates yearly returns of 10% to 15%, with dividends accounting for around half of the total. Upside Avenue’s most recent quarterly dividend, which was updated in July 2020, was 5.24 percent.
Dividends may be cashed out or reinvested in the REIT to earn additional income in the next quarter.
There is also the possibility of profiting from property value appreciation over time. As the value of the property you invested in rises, so will the value of your share.
Past Performance Of Upside Avenue
Since its start in 2002, Casoro Group has provided investors an average annual return of 24.8 percent (6.3 % through dividends and 18.5 % through property value increase).
The Risks Of Investing On Upside Avenue
Before thinking of investing to Upside Avenue, keep the following in mind:
Upside Avenue lacks liquidity since it is not a publicly listed REIT. However, since it is not a publicly listed REIT, it lacks the volatility of a publicly-traded REIT.
Natural disasters and local and worldwide economic cycles have constant influences on the real estate market. If the area’s real estate prices fall, Upside Avenue and its investors will lose equity, resulting in fewer rentals and lesser earnings.
Is It Safe To Buy REIT Stocks?
Most investors consider a real estate investment trust, or REIT, to be a safe alternative investment. These companies often earn constant rental revenue, enabling them to pay generous dividends.
However, not all REIT stocks are worthwhile traditional investments. During stock market downturns, many have had to decrease or cancel dividend payments due to a lack of financial flexibility to keep them continuing.
Some individuals have put themselves into such desperate financial straits that they barely survive. Consequently, before investing in a REIT, an investor must thoroughly evaluate its safety.
Is Upside Avenue A Scam?
So, is Upside Avenue a scam? Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as Upside Avenue makes it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – the actual profit margins on real estate investments are pretty small.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months – looking at deals, sending out offers, negotiating with the seller and lender to buy a rental property – and then your reward is like $100 a month in profits, it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month (with a 90-95% profit margin)?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And, unlike traditional real estate, you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Alternatives To Upside Avenue?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue this making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation In Making Money Online In 2023?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
Flipping and wholesaling are full-time jobs (and more), no matter what any real estate guru tells you. You always have to be searching for deals, because if you stop, so does the money.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: Yes, in traditional real estate you kind of “own” the properties. But there’s also a ton of debt tied to most real estate investments, which means the property isn’t truly yours.
A lender can take it away if you miss a payment. Not to mention, loan payments really impact your profit margins.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets outright (with a 90-95% profit margin), which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) Minimal Ongoing Expenses: With traditional real estate, monthly expenses are HIGH. Between loan payments, ongoing maintenance, and repairs (not to mention the possibility of having to go through the eviction process), profit margins are slim.
Plus, whenever you have a vacancy, factor in the costs to turn over a unit (plus the fact there’s no money coming in until the next tenant moves in).
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business with minimal maintenance and ongoing costs, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with traditional real estate investing, you’d have to double your monthly rent, double your deals/number of units OR double your profit margins. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. With Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Upside Avenue which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.