The concept of running a vending machine company is not new. These items are all over the place. Stadiums, restaurants, schools, and gyms abound.
However, what does it take to get started in this market, and how successful will it be in the long run for you? If you’re trying to enter this business, I’m sure you’re not looking for just a quick buck.
So, let’s get into the question and break down precisely what it will take for you to gain a chunk of this $23 billion yearly market.
But first, there’s something I need to tell you…
There are countless information courses floating around the internet. Why? Because for every problem that exists, someone claims to have the solution.
And that solution is usually some oddball money-making system that tells you how to turn a casual interest – or maybe something you’re super passionate about – into sustainable, reliable income.
Just like A Vending Machine Business. Here’s the hard truth, though…
Most of these programs:
- Take way more time than you’re led to believe
- May have hidden fees
- Require you to buy multiple upsells in order to get the “real” information
But most importantly, a lot of these programs just don’t scale.
“Scale” means once you do the work to make a little money, it should get easier to make more money, not harder.
The problem is, most programs out there make it hard to make money at first, and even harder to keep making money.
In other words, you might be able to make some money in the beginning, but it won’t be sustainable and you’ll end up getting discouraged.
This is the exact opposite of passive income.
When income is truly passive, you do the work upfront, but then you set it and forget it. The money gets made whether you’re working or not. It’s not directly tied to the hours you put in.
So, what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Selling to friends and family
- Selling to strangers
- Recruiting people
- Dealing with questionable products that weigh on your conscience
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day chasing, selling, or managing anything?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is nothing like (course/business type), and that’s probably a good thing.
However, if you’d still like to know more about A Vending Machine Business, keep reading.
How To Start A Vending Machine Business In 5 Easy Steps
- Think about all of your vending machine choices.
- Determine the best placement for your vending machines.
- Locate your vending machine.
- Load your vending machine with merchandises.
- Compute for Profit margins and initial starting costs
Vending Machine Costs
The cheap setup costs are one of the reasons why this business opportunity is so popular. In general, you’ll only need about $5,000 to get off.
Used vending machines range in price from $1,200 to $3,000. A new vending machine will cost you between $3,000 and $10,000.
After you’ve purchased your vending machine, you’ll need to invest some money in snack items or hygiene goods, depending on your target population.
The price on all your stock depends on the products you have chosen and how many machines you have.
This could range from simply a couple hundred dollars to thousands of dollars.
Even though that all doesn’t sound like much given the money you have to start at your disposal, there’s a lot more that goes into this business to so you can get the cash flow you want.
As an example, business partners or investors can be serious problems and even start to demand more money from you. Worse yet, it’s not rare for people to go around at night, knock the machine, break it open, and steal anything they can (including all the money).
In-Depth Breakdown Of Our 5 Steps To Start A Successful Vending Machine Business
Getting highly detailed with your process is one of the greatest ways to ensure success. Things include calculating the population and volume of the region you’re interested in.
After you’ve determined that you’ve identified the ideal location, you’ll need to begin contacting property owners to measure their interest in a collaboration.
Even if you have no contacts, you may still join the ranks of successful vending machine entrepreneurs.
Food And Beverage Vending Machine
According to Vending Market Watch’s 2019 annual study, food and beverage vending machines with all the sweets and soda accounted for the bulk of the vending machine market share in the United States.
Drink vending machines accounted for roughly a third of ALL sales! Having said that, if you’re dead serious about purchasing a vending machine, one with beverages may be your best choice.
That being said, you can experiment a bit. For example, you may acquire snack vending machines that sell snacks and beverages, allowing anybody to make vending machine purchases.
Some vending machine entrepreneurs find that they get their best results when they pick one type of machine and just stick it in a bunch of different areas.
Whatever it is that you want to target, it’s a good idea for new vending machine operators like yourself to choose one type until you get more familiar with the vending machine industry.
What really is bulk vending? Bulk vending is the sale of gumballs, stickers, and rubber balls via vending machines. A bulk vending machine requires extremely minimal capital and upkeep.
This might be your greatest chance to start a vending machine company. A secondhand gadget like this might cost as little as $50.
The cost of these goods is incredibly low; the greatest part is that they may make you an additional $30 per month or so in a good market.
Talk about ROI!
The dollar figure might be a bit modest, but if you pick an area that’s popular with families with kids, then you could see a really solid passive income stream making its way to your bank account.
Most bulk vending machines are mechanical devices and don’t require electricity or battery power to operate, which means the cost of operation is low to nonexistent. That said, many candies and toy vending machines are older, so a used device might require minor repairs before it’s functional.
That being said, if you’re looking to make LITERALLY 100x that per month in passive income, this business model might just be what the financial doctor ordered!
Are you worried about having a few bouncy balls and perhaps some beverages to generate passive monthly money?
Don’t be frightened!
A few vending machines allow you to sell pricey computer accessories, cosmetics goods, and other items. Airports and shopping malls are ideal venues for these.
Some specialty vending machine items include:
- Hot Drinks: Hot drinks like coffee are always a knockout in areas like the office, universities, and other conference centers. The vending business thrives in these areas.
- Retail: If you’ve got some deep pockets and you’re looking to make them deeper, then selling things like phone chargers and headphones might be something you should get into. If you can set the appropriate margins, there’s no reason why you’re local airport or mall wouldn’t take you up on that offer!
- Tobacco / E-Cigs / Weed: Tobacco vending is actually legal in many states and can be quite the money maker. On top of that, JUUL vending machines are popping up as well. The Cannabis vending machine business is also exploding as well as it continues to be legalized.
Suppose you want to begin a vending machine company but don’t know where to begin. Investing in a franchise might be your best chance.
Working under a franchisor will allow you additional training and assistance to get your company up and running.
You’ll choose how many computers you wish to buy. You will still be needed to pay the franchisor a portion of your earnings.
If you already own a company and have a track record of success, obtaining a short-term loan to fund your vending machines could also be the best option.
A short-term loan is just a lump amount of cash placed immediately into your company bank account. After depositing the funds, you will return the loan with interest over time.
But keep in mind that they are just temporary loans. You will normally be required to repay them, plus interest, in 18 months or fewer, even though they are simpler to qualify.
Interest rates are far higher than expected. Even though this is a small business loan, the lenders will still need to run through your business’s history and financials before extending you said loan.
To give yourself the best shot of getting approved, bring a long revenue history and a good credit score!
Vending Equipment Financing
You don’t need much money to start a thriving vending machine company. However, if you want assistance, you might apply for an equipment finance loan.
This loan will be based on the worth of your equipment since it will also serve as security if you fail on your loan payments.
If you take proper care of your vending machine, it may endure for more than ten years! This might also convince lenders.
When looking into financing alternatives like this, it is necessary to have a good business strategy in place, a plan of action for how you want to follow that business plan through, and estimates on the equipment you need to acquire.
But everyone knows financing can be one hell of a headache!
Check out this one business model that will make any kind of high interest short term loan a thing of the past for you!
Pros And Cons Of Starting A Vending Machine Business
Consider this. Isn’t it insane? Profitable vending machine businesses may be started for as little as a few thousand dollars.
And, although it is wonderful, it is not always sunny and rainbows. It has advantages and disadvantages, just like any other new business. Let’s have a look at them!
Vending Machine Business Advantages
- Expandable: Once you have one running, adding another and another is simple. Soon, you’ll have a successful vending machine company!
- Endless Options: There are several vending machines on the market nowadays. Consider any product, absolutely anything, and we’ll guarantee there’s a vending market share for it.
- Virtually no overhead costs: Thankfully, there’s almost no overhead when running a vending machine business, especially when you own the business by yourself. On top of that, vending machine businesses don’t need a formal office space or employees. Talk about no extra hands in the pie! No more payroll, benefits, or thousands in rent.
Vending Machine Business Disadvantages
- Time commitment: When operating a vending company with several machines, it will require time to go around and stock, service, and collect money from each unit. This is not for you if you dislike continual travel.
- Theft and vandalism: As previously stated, vending machines are an obvious target in sparsely inhabited locations late at night. To ensure its safety as much as possible, choose a place frequented at all hours and properly lighted.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Vending Machines Profitable?
Vending machines are clearly profitable. The typical vending machine generates $35 per week, but if you find the perfect location and stock things often, you may earn more than $400 per machine every month.
Is that not enough for you though?
Wanting a little more?
2. Do Vending Machine Owners Pay Rent?
True, but not in the traditional sense. They pay rent in the form of a commission to the owner of the building. They normally give out 5-20% of their earnings from the devices as commission.
3. Are Vending Machines Taxed?
Yes, the amount of sales tax differs by state.
4. Where Can You Place Vending Machines?
Vending machines may be placed in almost any place you can think of. Offices, sports stadiums, shopping malls, and schools are the most common options. However, before you can put one up, you must first sign a contract with the owner of the property.
Is A Vending Machine Business A Scam?
So, is A Vending Machine Business a scam? Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as they make it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – it doesn’t scale.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months and then your reward is being forced to grind it out for another 9 months before seeing any “real money,” well…that’s not a great deal, is it?
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Alternatives To A Vending Machine Business?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation In Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With (course/business type), you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own your “business”.
Look at the fine print for most of the agreements folks sign when they join one of these companies. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Alright, so most (course type/business) doesn’t make you buy the products and fill your garage with them anymore (unlike the good ol’ days), but you’re still in a physical products business.
And physical products always have physical limitations. Even if you don’t have to manage the inventory, you still have to deal with supply chain shortages that cause major delays.
Imagine finally landing your first customer, and then losing them after one sale because they had to wait 6 weeks to get their order.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with A Vending Machine Business, you’d probably need to double the number of hours you spend working. Because, again, this program doesn’t scale.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: With Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like A Vending Machine Business which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.