It’s hard to think about how to make a small business start-up and make that own entrepreneurial vision come true.
Melinda F. Emerson known as SmallBizLady, does the owner of a company, a professional speaker, a small business consultant, and the author of the book Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months.
She received the National Association of Women Business Owners, Woman of Distinction Award, and is famous for making small businesses.
Though will she really help you make your own successful small business?
Do really need a small business coach?
Let’s learn in this review.
But before that…
Chances are you heard about Melinda Emerson because someone – a friend or family member – introduced you to the company. Maybe you attended an online workshop or webinar, or maybe an in-person information session.
Your head’s probably spinning. This might be the first time you’ve heard about a real way to make money outside of a typical job.
So first off, congratulations!
You’ve just entered a whole new world…the world of making money on your own terms.
However, you came in through the wrong door.
Because Melinda Emerson is – plain and simple – an MLM. Throw whatever fancy name you want on it… multi-level marketing (MLM), network marketing (NWM), direct sales, or anything else, it’s the same concept:
You pay some money upfront for the “opportunity” to sell products.
The products are typically low-quality but with high price tags (because fancy labels and stuff).
You’re told that the key to building your own successful business is selling these products to friends and family, and getting them on a subscription (so you get “monthly recurring revenue”).
Unfortunately, like most people who get taken in by these types of schemes, you’ll quickly discover that the well runs dry faster than you imagined.
After all, they make it sound really simple. “Just get 5 people you know onto this magic widget, and things will just grow from there.”
And in your head, you think “How hard can it be? I know plenty of people, 5 will be easy.”
But then you do it, and you realize people look at you like you’ve joined a cult. You’ve become “that person”, who joined an MLM, and is now trying to sell questionable products or services to everyone they meet.
It puts a strain on your relationships, and you end up stuck between two worlds.
But it’s not your fault. These companies spend millions of dollars each year figuring out exactly how to brainwash and recruit people. And that’s why we’re here.
To help you find a better way before it’s too late.
So, what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Selling to friends and family
- Selling to strangers
- Recruiting people
- Dealing with questionable products that weigh on your conscience
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day chasing, selling, or managing anything?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is nothing like MLM, and that’s probably a good thing.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Melinda Emerson, keep reading.
Who Is Melinda Emerson?
Melinda is a seasoned entrepreneur, professional speaker, social media strategist, and small company coach who provides individuals with business ideas, as well as the Start-Up writer for Small Business Trends. She also assists individuals in obtaining their ideal jobs and small company owners in becoming successful.
She has given talks at MIT, the University of Pennsylvania, Syracuse University, NYU, Temple University, the University of Delaware, Point Park College, Chatham University, Rutgers University, and Rosemont College, among others.
Howard University, Cheyney University, Morgan State University, Delaware State University, Virginia Tech, and The Emlyon Business School in Lyon, France are also included.
Her areas of expertise include small company start-ups, recession-resistant marketing, and social media marketing. Melinda Emerson began her professional career as a television producer.
Within five years, she left television to launch her own award-winning production company, inspired by Oprah Winfrey’s HARPO Studios, Inc.
She began to use the concept of becoming your own boss in her life, and now, she is one of the many small business owners who are successful
Melinda, the CEO of Quintessence Multimedia, has developed projects for companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Verizon, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Comcast, and Radio-One. She’s also the author of the famous book Become Your Own Boss in 12 months.
Melinda is the emcee of the weekly Twitter conversation #Smallbizchat. #Smallbizchat is a reliable Twitter resource for discussing everything entrepreneurs need to know about starting and maintaining their small business success. Its focus is on how to end small business failure.
If you’re like some of the other people who hate office life and looking for a change. You are lucky because Melinda is always here, ready and willing to help others who are planning to start their own business.
At heart, she is a small business teacher that wants to spread the word end small business failure.
How Can Melinda Emerson Help You?
In this practical month-by-month guide to getting your business off the ground, Melinda F. Emerson draws on her experience as the successful CEO of an award-winning production company to educate you on how.
Whether you’re newly jobless, looking for new experiences, or just want to turn your business idea into a reality, you may follow your objective and make your passion your vocation.
Inside, you’ll find the schedule and steps you need to do to become your own boss, such as:
MONTH 1: Meet With Potential Venture Capitalists
- Meet Them on Their Blog- Once you’ve located the VC you want to support your startup, read their blog postings. Then say something about them
- Meet Them on Twitter– Many venture capitalists are active on Twitter. So look them up on Twitter and follow them. Look at what they’re posting about and use that to start a conversation with them (via direct messaging, replying to a tweet, etc.).
- Meet Them on LinkedIn- LinkedIn makes it incredibly simple to find and connect with venture capitalists. As your LinkedIn network expands, you’ll make more and more connections to VCs.
- Meet them at Industry Events- There are events in all industries. Venture capitalists are interested in investing in that companies will attend these events.
- Meet them at Local Events- Local technology and other events in every major city attract venture capitalists.
- Meet them via Email- The final method for meeting venture capitalists is via email. Many VCs still publish their email addresses on their websites.
Month 2: Establish A One-Year Marketing Budget
Your small company marketing budget is an essential component of your overall marketing plan. It will outline the expenditures of meeting your marketing goals within a given period.
- Know Your Sales Funnel- Building a successful marketing budget necessitates a deep dive into your sales funnel, where you’ll track performance across the revenue cycle, from prospect to customer.
- Know Your Operational Costs– Following that, you must comprehend your operational costs: How much would it cost in terms of time and effort to supply contacts?How much would it cost to hire a recording agency?
What are the possible consequences of your inaction?
- Set Your Marketing Budget Based on Business Goals-What are your quarterly small business goals?Based on their closure rates, how many of those contacts must be given to your sales force to impact revenue sufficiently to meet that goal?
- Position Marketing as an Investment, Not a Cost– Marketing budgets frequently descend from the top of the business, where marketing personnel is viewed as cost centers and the marketing budget is viewed as an expense.
- Consider Your Growth Stage- Forming your marketing budget will also affect whether your company is in growth mode or planning mode. Growth Mode. If you are in growth mode, you’ll need to earn top-line income faster. Therefore you might consider making larger investments in more quick-win marketing strategies.
- Planning Mode. If you’re in a planning phase, where steady growth is more important than revenue spikes, you should consider a longer-term marketing play through earned media.
- Understand Current and Future Trends– Setting a marketing budget requires marketers to adopt and use various technologies in their marketing stack to keep up with the pace of industry changes.
Month 3: Pick An Attractive Logo
Have you ever come across a major brand that lacked a logo? No? This is owing to the fact that none exist. A logo has a big impact on how buyers perceive your business. Naturally, even if you operate a tiny company, you should want your logo to stand out. It’s significant because…
- Reveals your identity- Your logo will show ownership when it is imprinted on your products, business cards, and website. It can inform the world/potential customers about who you are, what kind of product or service you sell, or what benefit you provide to consumers.
- Invites new customers to know you- The logo on your packaging or on your storefront should be designed to spark the curiosity and interest of your potential buyers, prompting them to at least look at and hopefully purchase your product or service.
- Facilitates brand loyalty– Brand loyalty is extremely important and something that any business should strive for. A well-known and identifiable logo goes a long way toward developing brand loyalty.
- Can be everywhere- If you’ve successfully attached your brand messaging to your logo, all the things you do and make becomes associated with the logo and the brand.
Is Melinda Emerson A Scam?
So, is Melinda Emerson a scam?
Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as the company makes it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – the actual commissions are pretty small.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months and then your reward is a $50 commission, it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And, unlike an MLM, you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Alternatives To Melinda Emerson?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation In Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With MLMs and Network Marketing, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own your “team”.
Look at the fine print for most of the agreements folks sign when they join one of these companies. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Start-up Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Alright, so most MLMs don’t make you buy the products and fill your garage with them anymore (unlike the good ol’ days), but you’re still in a physical products business.
And physical products always have physical limitations. Even if you don’t have to manage the inventory, you still have to deal with supply chain shortages that cause major delays.
Imagine finally landing your first customer, and then losing them after one sale because they had to wait 6 weeks to get their order.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with an MLM, you’d have to double your customers OR double the average order size of your existing customers. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. In an MLM, your “upline” might convince you that what you’re selling improves people’s lives, but deep down, you likely know that’s not true.
Most of the time, you’re either selling a dream or a poor-quality, overpriced product with a fancy label.
And that makes it pretty hard to sleep at night.
But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours.
You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Melinda Emerson which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.