What Is Cutco Cutlery?
It’s another of those MLM (a.k.a. Network Marketing) programs whose primary objective is to recruit you, purchase a product kit, and then recruit your friends, family, and coworkers to do the same.
From what I’ve seen, it is promoted by some high-level MLM members who earn the majority of their income from recruiting new members.
It’s meant to teach you how to become a successful “Network Marketer,” but from what I’ve seen of my friends, the majority of members make next to nothing promoting their knives.
Simply put 50% commission on an overpriced set of knives that you can acquire for half the price at your neighborhood department store is not going to make you wealthy.
If you want to build real wealth online, (at an average of $1,500 per sale PER MONTH), check out our #1 recommendation here.
Now, because I want to be honest in this , let me explain…
This Cutco MLM review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Chances are you heard about Cutco because someone – a friend or family member – introduced you to the company. Maybe you attended an online workshop or webinar, or maybe an in-person information session.
Your head’s probably spinning. This might be the first time you’ve heard about a real way to make money outside of a typical job.
So first off, congratulations!
You’ve just entered a whole new world…the world of making money on your own terms.
However, you came in through the wrong door.
Because Cutco is – plain and simple – an MLM. Throw whatever fancy name you want on it…multi-level marketing (MLM), network marketing (NWM), direct sales, or anything else, it’s the same concept:
You pay some money upfront for the “opportunity” to sell products.
The products are typically low-quality but with high price tags (because fancy labels and stuff).
You’re told that the key to building your own successful business is selling these products to friends and family, and getting them on a subscription (so you get “monthly recurring revenue”).
Unfortunately, like most people who get taken in by these types of schemes, you’ll quickly discover that the well runs dry faster than you imagined.
After all, they make it sound really simple. “Just get 5 people you know onto this magic widget, and things will just grow from there.”
And in your head, you think “How hard can it be? I know plenty of people, 5 will be easy.”
But then you do it, and you realize people look at you like you’ve joined a cult. You’ve become “that person”, who joined an MLM, and is now trying to sell questionable products or services to everyone they meet.
It puts a strain on your relationships, and you end up stuck between two worlds.
But it’s not your fault. These companies spend millions of dollars each year figuring out exactly how to brainwash and recruit people. And that’s why we’re here.
To help you find a better way before it’s too late.
So, what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Selling to friends and family
- Selling to strangers
- Recruiting people
- Dealing with questionable products that weigh on your conscience
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day chasing, selling, or managing anything?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is nothing like MLM, and that’s probably a good thing.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Cutco, keep reading.
Is Cutco A Pyramid Scheme? Can You Really Earn $15 An Hour From Selling Knives?
Therefore, let us establish one thing.
You’re reading this because you’ve probably heard about Cutco’s $15 hourly rate.
As more people fall victim to scammers, I’ve become increasingly motivated to teach and assess money-making business options like this one.
I’ll describe the advantages and disadvantages of joining Cutco Cutlery in this article and eventually address the following questions: “Is Cutco a scam, a pyramid scheme, or is it truly possible to earn a living selling knives?”
The Overview And Rankings
Name: CUTCO CUTLERY
Founder: Alcoa company) now Vector) in 1949
Success Stories: 30/100
Type: Cutlery direct sales company
Price To Join: Free- previously $300+ (100 out of 100)
Summary: Cutco is a direct sales company specializing in cutlery and cookware that pays you $15 for each successful presentation you organize with new consumers.
Make Time Online Rating: 60/100
What Is Cutco Cutlery?
Cutco Corporation, a privately held company situated in New York, is a direct sales company that sells knives/cutlery using Vector Marketing, a multi-level marketing business model.
Its primary objective is to create a side hustle option for stay-at-home parents, students, and employees to make a 10% commission by selling knives.
They are known for their high-quality cutlery and cookware, all handcrafted in the United States and come with a lifetime warranty.
Cutco was founded in 1949 as a joint venture between Alcoa and Case Cutlery.
Alcoa purchased Case’s shares in 1972, according to history. As a result, Alcas management acquired the entire company from Alcoa in 1982.
Alcas acquired Vector Marketing Corporation in 1985 to serve as the company’s MLM branch.
What Is Vector Marketing?
Vector Marketing Corporation is Cutco’s multilevel marketing business.
Vector Marketing Corporation manages the MLM activities and is the exclusive distributor of Cutco and Cutco at Home.
They target college students, stay-at-home moms, and recent high school grads by offering a possible money-making opportunity that can be done part-time.
But it’s really a sales job to sell cutco using questionable sales tactics
Naturally, as Cutco’s MLM arm, they recruit individuals for them to earn further bonuses. That is, they are recruited to sell Cutco knives and other product door-to-door.
I don’t believe that being a door-to-door salesman would work nowadays.
Cutco Cutlery Product Line
Cutco, one of the top direct sales organizations today, offers a part-time career opportunity selling knives.
For anyone looking for well-designed blades, the Cutco range is a no-brainer.
Indeed, the endurance and high-quality materials used to manufacture these knives and other culinary equipment have gained considerable popularity.
Vector Marketing offers the following product categories:
- Kitchen knives: cleaver, trimmer, table knife, and french knife, for example, range in price from $40 to $250.
- Shears: At a price range of $90 – $120
- Pots, pans, gadgets, baking equipment, utensils, and cutting boards are all examples of cookware. between $40 and $2,600
- Tableware: Cutlery $30-$1,500
- Outdoor: Knives for hunting, pocket knives, sporting knives, and gardening between $100 and $250
But, Cutco’s flagship product is the Cutco Knife Sets, which range in price from $280 to $1,212 and feature a proprietary recessed “Double D” 440A stainless steel bladed-recessed edge capable of making precise cuts.
These knives’ handles are composed of thermo-resin, a substance that increases dishwashing endurance, strength, and longevity.
To my mind, the primary reason customers continue to purchase knives from Cutco is due to the company’s lifetime warranty.
The following are some client testimonials:
Do Cutco Products Really Work?
According to the numerous positive reviews I’ve read online, the answer is yes! Cutco knives are practical!
Indeed, they are recommended on a number of online websites.
This is borne out because they have a substantial social media following, with 96k followers.
To view actual product reviews, visit their consumer affairs profile.
But first, allow me to emphasize that I am only referring to the product’s quality.
The following parts will cover the money-making scheme and the recruitment process.
How To Make Money With Cutco Cutlery?
Cutco Cutlery’s membership process is simple, as it is free.
Around twenty years ago, agents were required to purchase a presentation kit. Cutco provides this kit for free for the duration of your “active representative” status.
The corporation can reduce marketing and advertising costs by engaging people to promote and sell on its behalf.
This will earn you a 10% commission.
However, first and foremost, what does it mean to be an active representative imply?
As far as I can tell, active sales rep is an agent who are obligated to selling Cutco knives, cutlery or cookware $100 worth of each month.
If the sales reps do not comply with this obligation, they must return the kit or purchase it for half the price.
However, what about the hourly rate of $15?
This is a grossly exaggerated advertisement.
They imply that you can earn $15 for each successful in-person meeting with prospective purchasers or members.
Sales representatives would need to store prospective purchasers’ and members’ phone numbers and email addresses in their client database.
The actual procedure is straightforward:
- You will be interviewed in stages.
- After you are employed, they will provide you with a three-day training session.
- They will contact you to obtain a list of referrals.
- They’ll provide you with a sales script and presentation to use when approaching prospective clients.
- Earn a commission of 10% to 50% on all sales (or the guaranteed base income of $15, whichever is greater).
Cutco Cutlery’s Compensation Plan
If you visit Cutco’s official website, you’ll see that they emphasize the fact that their business opportunity is not a “get-rich-quick” scheme.
Rather than that, it extols virtues such as perseverance, effort, and devotion.
As such, Cutco asserts that earning money from this side gig is heavily contingent on your persistence and tenacity in selling.
The following table details the commission structure depending on the number of career sales:
But Wait! What’s The “Cutco At Home” Compensation Plan?
Cutco, based on my research, employs two distinct types of compensation plans:
- Cutco’s Basic Compensation Plan
- Cutco’s Compensation Plan for Employees at Home
There are two methods to make money with the Cutco At Home Compensation Plan:
- Commissions on sales
- Profits earned from the sales of your downline
Cutco Cutlery Ugly Truths Revealed
I want to highlight a few disadvantages of Cutco’s money-making program.
Three “ugly realities” regarding most direct sales companies that I find extremely suspect:
- Cutco’s goods are prohibitively pricey. Even though they are made of superior materials and craftsmanship, I believe they are absurdly costly.
- Cutco employs extremely traditional sales techniques. Their salesmen go door-to-door with scripts that, in my opinion, are insufficient to generate significant revenue in our technology-driven companies.
- Earning a passive income with Cutco’s compensation programs is just not possible.
What Do I Like About Cutco Cutlery?
I’ve highlighted several of Cutco Cutlery’s most significant advantages below:
- They do compensate you with $15 for each successful appointment. This is one of the promises they offer if you conduct client presentations, and they may make further promises if your prospects make a purchase.
- Their product’s quality has received a lot of excellent comments. They are even being recommended. And what sets them apart is that chefs from all around the world are either utilizing or promoting them.
- On top of that, they have a sizable social media following, totaling 96k followers. These are only several of the characteristics that contribute to a product’s or service’s trustworthiness. To quote one comment from a customer in Los Angeles, “These knives are of excellent quality with extremely classy handles and are available in a variety of colors.” Once my knives arrived, I increased my cooking. I was particularly delighted to see that Cutco sells gardening tools and other goods.”
- Cutco gives comprehensive sales training to all new hires. They provide a well-written initial sales pitch script that you can change as needed. This program will help you strengthen your leadership and sales abilities.
- Cutco was named one of the top twenty direct selling associations in 2016.
Bottom Line: Is Cutco A Pyramid Scheme? Is It A Scam?
So, is Cutco a scam?
Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as the company makes it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – the actual commissions are pretty small.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months and then your reward is a $50 commission, it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And, unlike an MLM, you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Any Alternatives To Cutco?
Yes, there are plenty of MLM companies to choose from if you want to pursue this business model. Here are just a few:
What Is Our Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2022?
The ScamRisk team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Digital Real Estate is the #1 online business model for those just starting out.
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With MLMs and Network Marketing, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own your “team”.
Look at the fine print for most of the agreements folks sign when they join one of these companies. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Alright, so most MLMs don’t make you buy the products and fill your garage with them anymore (unlike the good ol’ days), but you’re still in a physical products business.
And physical products always have physical limitations. Even if you don’t have to manage the inventory, you still have to deal with supply chain shortages that cause major delays.
Imagine finally landing your first customer, and then losing them after one sale because they had to wait 6 weeks to get their order.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with an MLM, you’d have to double your customers OR double the average order size of your existing customers. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. In an MLM, your “upline” might convince you that what you’re selling improves people’s lives, but deep down, you likely know that’s not true.
Most of the time, you’re either selling a dream or a poor-quality, overpriced product with a fancy label.
And that makes it pretty hard to sleep at night.
But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours.
You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Cutco which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.